Master Maintenance Technician
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Master Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for maintaining and repairing the production equipment. The technician will develop and implement the maintenance programs necessary to ensure the short-term and long-term reliability of the equipment, as well as lead the effort to optimize maintenance costs, maximize equipment availability and reduce unsafe conditions.
(2) Positions Available:
- Mon - Fri, 6am - 2:30pm
- Mon - Fri, 12pm - 8:30pm
- Locate and diagnose failures, replace defective components, and perform basic troubleshooting using standard equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performs a wide variety of functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment for generating, distributing, and utilizing electrical energy. Uses instruments to test circuits and replaces or installs new power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Troubleshoots electrical malfunctions, inspects circuits and wiring for shielding and grounding, and tests electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Repairs complex electrical equipment, including motors, switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Performs complex wiring assignments.
- Installs measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit.
- Works from schematics, drawings, layouts, or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Improvises acceptable fixes to get equipment running promptly.
- Assists engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting corrective action.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Properly inspect and maintain shop equipment, in accordance with OSHA regulations and C&D Standards.
- Prepare new machines and production equipment for operation.
- Follow a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen exposure to downtime related repairs and maintenance.
- Orders replacement parts. Requisition new parts and equipment.
- Report shift metrics to capture the performance and/or areas for improvement. (Breakdown – Downtime) (Part Availability).
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe shop and production floor.
- Consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assists other areas as required.
- Continuously review current processes and search out improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Assists with a quality control process on repairs made in house. Uses results from inspections to help develop the other maintenance technicians and further refine processes and maintenance documents.
- Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals.
- Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Provide support to the production team to produce superior quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top working order.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 – 7 years of industrial experience. Associate’s degree or vocational certificate preferred
- PLC experience and three-phase electrical knowledge is required along with a demonstrated understanding of industrial controls, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More