MFG Process Operator - VN 3rd Shift
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under general supervision, this position responsible for operating and maintaining cooking and depositing equipment used in the manufacturing of vitamin products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to all company safety regulations and policies.
- Operates all kitchen equipment to regulate dosing of raw ingredients and cooking process as defined by master manufacturing records to ensure product meets specifications.
- Operates all Mogul equipment as established by master manufacturing records and standard operating procedures to ensure product meets specifications.
- Operates Dry rooms and Oiler following procedures and master manufacturing records.
- Conducts and records quality inspections as required by our quality systems and master manufacturing records (MMR).
- Conducts equipment adjustments to regulate temperature, dosing, PH, board weight, etc. following established procedures.
- Conducts product changeovers as needed.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any problems encountered while attempting to cook products.
- Conducts material issues transactions as needed.
- Participates in equipment troubleshooting and repairs as needed.
- Performs cleaning and light preventive maintenance activities as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Records information pertaining to quality, downtime, and equipment performance.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma, GED or one to three (1-3) months related experience and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job.
Knowldge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate hand jack.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work scheduled shift and overtime as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.
- Ability to work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Ability to promote teamwork, demonstrate a good attitude, exhibit flexibility, and willingness to perform tasks as needed.
- Ability to pass the medical evaluation for the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Ability to meet and maintain all the requirements of the Mask Fit Program.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid –MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil – MSDS
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More