Packer 1 - VN 4th Shift
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under general supervision, this position performs work a variety of manufacturing functions as outlined in this job description, typically rotating tasks every two hours. Packer employees must receive training for each specific role prior to performing the work. Only Department Trainers or other department personnel that have completed “Train the Trainer” may conduct training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Wears proper GMP and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attire for all tasks including: shoe covers, gowns, hair restraint(s), gloves, masks, sleeve covers, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.
- Ensures proper clean room attire is worn in the clean room.
- Understands Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Performs cleaning tasks as assigned by Packing Lead, Shift Lead, and/or Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sorter – Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects and sorts for any flawed product by looking for deformities, discoloration, over- or under-sized product, etc.
- Empties waste crates as needed.
Bagger – Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates the Weigher located in the bagging station.
- Verifies proper set up of the scale as per product specifications.
Sealer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates bag sealer.
- Sets up sealer stamping system to read product number, Work Order (WO) number, and date.
Boxer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Fills and tapes boxes as per product specifications.
Palletizer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Palletizes bulk boxes onto pallets as per product specifications.
- Places labels on boxes.
- Places pallet tag on pallet when completed.
- Shrink-wraps pallets.
- Places completed pallets into trailers.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to sort, count, and verify product quantities.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
- Ability to read and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to detect problems or flawed products and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infraction control standards.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid –MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil – MSDS
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More