Senior Manager, Accounting at Waterpik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records of the Company, timely closing of the accounts and preparation of financial statements and related reporting to the parent company. Also responsible for developing and ensuring ongoing compliance with SOX internal controls, accurate inventory and cost of goods sold reporting, fixed asset reporting, accounts payable processing, property and sales tax compliance, and support of annual external audits and tax provision preparation. This position is responsible to ensure compliance with US GAAP and corporate accounting policies and procedures.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly and year-end closing processes, and all associated reporting. Responsible for general ledger maintenance and coordination with parent company.
- Performs accounting guidance research and ensures that accounting policies are in accordance with US GAAP, as modified from time to time to reflect new professional pronouncements and reporting requirements.
- Project management for Oracle implementation and ongoing support for Accounting Department
- Manage SOX control development and testing for Water Pik.
- Responsible for cost accounting function to include accuracy of product costing and reporting as well accurate reporting of inventory valuation.
- Ensures compliance with fixed asset capitalization and depreciation policies and ensures accurate reporting for book and tax purposes of fixed assets.
- Acts as primary contact and liaison with external auditors and the internal tax department in support of quarterly and annual tax provision entries.
- Financial analysis and related informational needs as needed throughout the company.
Education and Experience
B.S. degree in Accounting from accredited institution and active CPA license. MBA or MS is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant business experience, including both previous public accounting experience in national or large regional accounting firm as well as a similar role in the corporate environment.
- Oracle experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation and management leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel and Word.
- Implementation of a fully integrated GL/accounting application desirable.
- Self-motivated, team player with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Water Pik Controller
Supervisory Duties: As designated by the Water Pik Controller
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $104,900 - $157,300
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More