Associate QC Microbiologist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Associate QC Microbiologist
Department: SPD – Animal Nutrition
Reports To: Manager, QC Microbiologist
Conducts microbiological analysis on raw materials and finished products to ensure product integrity. Additional responsibility in the areas of physical analysis of raw ingredients and finished goods, record keeping and trouble-shooting product quality issues. Ensures that records meet or exceed regulatory and customer’s requirement. Review and monitor records pertaining to audits, i.e. FSMA regulations, Food Safety Plan, GMPs, Lot Control etc. Update and review HACCP plans. Support food safety and quality programs to ensure Safe Quality Food (SQF). Work with Operations Manager to lead the implementation of new quality systems such as: FAMI-QS and Safe Feeds Safe Foods.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conducts microbiological analysis on raw materials and finished products
- Inspects all raw materials to ensure compliance with specifications
- Responsible for record keeping of all results of raw and finished products
- Communicate results to Operations Manager and takes necessary action as needed to ensure conformity to specifications (product hold, vendor contacts, etc.).
- Works with Operations team to solve quality issues
- Maintains other quality records to meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and following necessary quality programs to support Safe Quality Food and GMP compliance)
Education and Experience
- Minimum BS in Microbiology, Biology or related field required.
- 2 years of related quality experience
- Strong cGMP and regulatory knowledge required
- Knowledge of the FAMI-QS Code and objectives of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong microbiology laboratory skills needed.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and takes ownership of assigned projects.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More