Senior Marketing Manager - 12 month Contract
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position: Senior Marketing Manager - 12 Month Contract
Sound strategic thinking, detailed analytical, and strong leadership skills will be expected as the candidate will be pivotal in developing and executing an aggressive commercial plan for the long-term expansion of this portfolio.
The candidate will lead cross-functional teams, working closely with Customer Strategic Planning, Category Management, Sales, Regulatory/Legal Affairs, Finance and Demand planning, as well as, our International and US brand teams. He or she will also work closely with our agency partners on the portfolio’s Creative, Media, Shopper Marketing, and PR. Your solid background in leading CPG companies will help you build winning strategies while leveraging US and international successes and key learnings. This position will report to the Brand Director – Personal Care.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead C&D Canada’s fastest growing and most profitable portfolio, delivering against aggressive commercial targets (both top and bottom line). This portfolio consists of one of our top GROW brand (Batiste) and two key SEED brands (Viviscal, Toppik).
- Develop and execute brand strategy across an integrated commercial plan.
- Develop advertising assets as required to localize in Canada. Lead the briefing process and projects across an integrated agency team and be accountable for the execution across multiple touch points.
- Develop and evaluate new product innovation from Global and identify Canadian innovation needs where required including: category/competitive analysis to validate size of opportunity; consumer and trade validation of product idea; financial metrics.
- Run day-to-day operational activities, including P&L management, budgeting, and brand volume forecasting.
- Become an expert in the market – the business & regulatory environments in which the brand competes to support strategic brand decisions (including pricing, sizing, distribution, product development, category reviews and more).
- Act as voice of the consumer. Leverage custom research, Nielsen data and internal data to identify unmet needs, upcoming trends and growth or defensive strategies.
- Coach and develop 1 report.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Business and/or MBA required.
- 8 years minimum of marketing experience in brand management. Consumer packaged goods experience required. Experience in beauty and/or personal care is an asset.
- 2 years minimum of direct supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to develop people with a view to improving employee engagement.
- Prior innovation/ new product development experience, new product launches and/or major repositioning of a Brand.
- Demonstrated ability to generate big new ideas and lead complex, strategic projects through to commercialization; possess powerful analytical skills to quickly identify risks and opportunities
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners and to influence senior leadership across functions.
- Positively drive cross-functional teams to exceed goals across the portfolio. Demonstrated understanding and experience of a robust marketing mix.
- Can-do positive attitude, results driven. Motivated to foster team spirit and make an impact to the organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess highly developed supervisory, project management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Fully accountable and possesses pride in contributing to share, margin, top line sales growth. Strong skills in financial metrics, pricing and forecasting and able to translate data and research into meaningful insights.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office and ACNielsen
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More