Project Manager I at Waterpik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The primary responsibility is to lead New Product Development teams in the successful development of a product or products. Successful completion is defined as satisfying the product requirement document, meeting product and project costs, and completing the project on schedule.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide tactical leadership to New Product Development teams in achieving project goals. Use a proactive, positive and assertive leadership style that is consistent with the Company mission and philosophy. Be a passionate advocate of the cross functional team approach to rapid product development, apply concurrent engineering principles, assess and manage project and product risks and prepare contingency plans as required.
- Coordinate selection of a multi-discipline, cross-functional project teams (Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Customer Service, Suppliers, etc.) with functional managers. Ensure that the appropriate resources are identified and committed to the project to ensure its success.
- Responsible for identifying and managing all cross-functional deliverables associated with the definition, development and introduction of successful new products. Lead, manage, and focus the activities of each core team member and also identify and manage extended resources (including identification, selection, and management of out sourced resources) required to support the project deliverables.
- Maintain effective communication with team members, team sponsors, management staff and functional managers. This would include, but not be limited to, monthly Go-To-Market review updates, project milestone review meetings, weekly NPD meetings, and supplier conference calls.
- Forecast, plan, and control internal and external resources (financial costs, people, assets, consultants, etc.) achieve required project objectives. Forecast, plan, and control the baseline project metrics of: Project Schedule, Project Budget, Product Performance, and Product Cost.
- Understand and apply appropriate new product development tools such as DFM/A, FMEA, scheduling, brainstorming, design of experiments and other statistical evaluation methods, etc. Stay current on new trends in new product development and apply as appropriate. Document project methods and suggest improvements in the product development process.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures. Assists in procedure development when required. Ensures product quality and take appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Keeps accurate records as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Conduct all activities in a manner which is at all times fair, moral, ethical and legal.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Have an understanding of/familiarity with most aspects of new product development including engineering, marketing, finance, manufacturing, quality function deployment, etc.
Demonstrated skill in project management and project management software.
Education and Experience
Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Science, Engineering, or approved equivalent.
2-3 years’ experience in product development and project leadership is required.
PMP certification preferred
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
Some international travel is expected. (0%-5% travel)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Department Director/Program Manager
Supervisory Duties: No direct reports, however, will need to lead team members toward the successful execution of project tasks and ultimately to production and commercialization of new products.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $59,500 - $89,300
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More