Electronics Manufacturing Engineer
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
Job Title: Electronics Manufacturing Engineer I
Department: 014 China Operations
Reports To: Senior Operations Manager (China)
- Provides technical support of electronic manufacturing/production operations to contract manufactures in Asia.
- Provides support to Fort Collins Planning and Engineering team in electronic component sourcing and PCBA manufacturing.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Works as a liaison between contact manufacturers and the New Product Development team during the NPD process. Identify and provide feedback for PCBA design problem.
- Reviews PCBA manufacturing production lines and perform quality audits on these lines.
- Reviews, evaluate and verify proposed manufacturing plans for new PCBA manufacturing process, testing and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Works with contract manufacturing sourcing team during product development to ensure that specified electronic components do not have any procurement issues.
- Works with contract manufacturing sourcing team during day-to-day production to ensure electronic components are available for production.
- Works with contract manufacturing electrical engineering team to evaluate and propose alternate components to Fort Collins Engineering team.
- Work with contract manufacturing electrical engineering team to analyze and dispose SMT process and PCBA defect, field return on electrical failure and propose improvement actions.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts all activities in a manner that is at all times fair, moral, ethical and legal.
- Conducts all business activities in a manner consistent with the guiding principles and business practices contained in the Ethics code.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing processes, schematic design, board layout, PCBA test/verification.
- Knowledge of electronic component specifications such as MOSFET, IC.
- Ability to review electronic component specifications and determine if proposed alternates are appropriate.
- Knowledge of electronic component sourcing processes.
- Familiar with downloading firmware to microcontrollers.
- Technical capability to include design for manufacturing, assembly line, testing, production planning and lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Must have good written English skill. Some spoken English skills are preferred.
- Must be an organized self-starter with very strong decision-making ability. Must have a strong persistence to debate and challenge the cross-functional environment for the above described duties and responsibilities. Must possess effective interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- 4-5 years’ experience in manufacturing, engineering, production, product development, supply chain management and quality management in a PCBA environment.
- No specific training is required
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Some travel is required in this position throughout Asia. (Approximately 10% - 15% travel may be required.)
Reporting Relationship: Senior Operation Manager (China)
Supervisory Duties: None
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More