Warehouse Support - Ridgefield (Mon - Fri 6:00 am - 2:30 pm)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight Ridgefield location has an immediate need for a Warehouse Support person. Under general supervision this position performs a variety of routine warehousing, shipping, and receiving tasks; verifies identifying information on material with instructions/documents; and relocates mterial from storage or work areas to designated areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Participates in the receiving, transporting, stacking, order filling, shipping, and maintaining stock records in warehouse.
- Loads, unloads, and moves product/materials within or near facility.
- Reads work order or following oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work areas to designated area, using hand truck, pallet jack, or forklift.
- May count, weigh, or record number of units being moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases or other containers.
- May package, stack, or assemble materials.
- May remove samples of materials and labels with identifying information and take to Quality Systems Unit.
- May examine material received by verifying item numbers and checking discrepancies, such as damaged or unmarked material.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED and/or any equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid –MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil – MSDS
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire where applicable.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop, climb, and reach.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More