EHS Supervisor - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety programs at our Washington manufacturing, packaging, and distribution location. The Manager will ensure the completion of all environmental & safety training programs for applicable employees. The position will oversee the accident protection and prevention program and recommend corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to applicable regulations and standards. The EHS Manager interacts with a variety of departments, including QA/QC, Manufacturing, and Packaging and maintains liaison with the appropriate regulatory agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes a safe culture and awareness within their area at all times.
- Supports all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Manages and implements EHS policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the environmental & safety regulations and standards.
- Maintains and improves the environmental & safety programs for the facility.
- Responsible for Sanitation & Facilities Maintenance departments.
- Ensures that all environmental permits are maintained.
- Oversees the implementation of the TCPA and DPCC environmental programs.
- Ensures appropriate environmental and safety training is completed, relevant to the work environment, including new employees.
- Ensures effective safety committees.
- In conjunction with plant Human Resources, oversees the accurate and timely reporting of labor hours and injury/illness information.
- Works with plant Human Resources to coordinate the dissemination of Right to Know information for all employees.
- Establishes the facilities first aid capabilities if appropriate or EMT service if remote.
- Monitors the effectiveness of procedures for correcting hazardous conditions and work practices.
- Works with department supervision to conduct accident investigations in a thorough and timely manner.
- Assists the Human Resources department on workers’ compensation claims management.
- Conducts frequent plant safety inspections and observes workers for safe and unsafe behaviors.
- Coordinates the management of the business continuity program.
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or engineering, health & safety or related course of study is required. An experience level of 5-10 years working in a similar capacity within a manufacturing environment or the equivalent combination of experience (in a manufacturing or sanitation environment) and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under time restrains and be result driven.
- Ability to organize, classify, and structure multiple pieces of information accurately.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, competent in problem solving, team building, and planning.
- A clear understanding of federal and state environmental regulations and OSHA standards and guidelines and ability to apply to a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation guidelines and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Department of Transportation regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of and a good understanding of 21 CFR 110, 21 CFR 111, ANSI 173-2005, and the USP Dietary Supplement GMP Requirements.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid –MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil – MSDS
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More