Senior Financial Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to the Revenue Finance Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in the Net Sales forecasting and reporting cycle. This position is ideal for the professional who is looking for an opportunity for career growth and wanting to add value to a fast-growing organization. Providing functional expertise to the sales team, completing analysis on commercial issues, and leading technical system improvements are key pillars of the role.
The successful candidate will:
- Evaluate Gross to Net Sales results and provide commentary for senior executive utilizing sales team inputs and financial systems
- Calculate and book monthly trade spend entries with correct supporting documentation
- Engage business teams (Sales, Customer Planning, Supply) to drive sales and trade forecasting inputs for PPR and sales planning
- Manage consolidation of R&Os, aligning various levels of the organization to provide an aligned consistent perspective
- Complete Ecommerce sales reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Review trade spending vs. forecasts during monthly meetings and address any questionable rates with TFA, Broker and/or Sales teams as necessary, and recommend adjustments during demand and trade planning meetings
- Develop operating procedures for the technical workings of SAP and the C&D trade management system
- Oversee system integrity between SAP and the C&D trade system, specifically managing deduction application and compliance
- Work with our Broker team to ensure deduction processing is being completed on a timely basis, including engagement on repayment and post audit cases
- Preform other ad hoc Net Sales related tasks as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with CPG sales, trade spend, and deduction management
- Be technically competent with planning systems and able to build documentation to outline the detailed workings financial systems
- Question processes and procedures, with a desire to understand how things work
- Experience handling ambiguity and making sound decisions
- Be able to handle multiple deadlines and priorities, and take ownership for their area of responsibility
- Be willing to take on new challenges as they arise
Education and Experience
- Accounting Designation in progress or completed
- Advanced Excel
- SAP and Siebel experience an asset
- University Education or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in Finance or Accounting within CPG or Retail
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More