PMO Group Leader
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Group Leader, Project Management
Reports To: Director, Global R&D Strategy and Portfolio/Project Management
The PMO Group Leader will oversee and manage the Project Management Office accountable for high quality execution of all projects that fall within the scope of the PMO across 5 Consumer Product SBU’s spanning Household, OTC, and Medical Device products and the Global Markets Group. He/she will apply project management best practices in the development of both the PM organization and in the initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing of projects domestically and facilitate global alignment with International subsidiaries. He/she will also align cross functional business processes to support project execution through Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, and Regulatory. .
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Continuous improvement of our PM practices including tools, methodologies, practices, and infrastructure, as related to the CPG Industry
- Maintaining historical database of project results for the purpose of lessons learned and tracking overall organizational performance
- Creation & monitoring of metrics for the PM department
- Staying up to date on current PM best practices including focused core teams and agile scrum methodologies
- Management of the PM department staffing
- Management of projects, both personally and through designated project managers, ensuring process consistency and stakeholders satisfaction
- Drive cross functional project prioritization and resource allocation as part of the portfolio management processes
- PMO governance including
- Communication of project information, risks and issues to key stakeholders
- Ensuring alignment between project and functional plans
- Leading Root Cause Analyses, negotiating and resolving team & project conflicts
- Managing deviations from plan (risk, issue, and schedule management)
Education and Experience
- B.A or B.S degree from an accredited institution in a Technical or Business Management discipline strongly preferred, with a M.S. degree a plus.
- MBB, BB, PMP certification or equivalent required
- 10 years project manager experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry or a proven ability to transfer skills across industries
- 5+ years experience leading or manager within a PMO
Skills and Competencies
- Strong financial acumen, quality oriented with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong leadership characteristics
- Working knowledge of PM software and tools including the PMI’s PMBOK and Agile Scrum methodology
- Basic understanding of OTC drug development processes (510K, FDA, design control)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills required. Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external vendors.
- Experience and ability to work cross-culturally (globally)
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Code of Conduct
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More