A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Program Manager
Department: Fabric Care R&D
Reports To: R&D Director
This professional will manage the OxiClean Performance Additives product development team and exhibit in-depth technical knowledge of consumer driven product development processes. They will demonstrate a strong understanding of product development, consumer insights, formulation, processes, packaging, test methods and technologies. In addition, they will be a key partner to the business in crafting the overall product pipeline for OxiClean.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage the OxiClean product development (PD) portfolio including development of product prototypes and delivery to market.
- Strategic partner to the business in projects, identifying new opportunities & current business challenges
- Manage intra-R&D project activities (Packaging, Processing, Regulatory and Quality) and represent outside of R&D
- Lead team of 4 scientists by driving focus and efficiency while ensuring team members are in roles that provide growth opportunities
- Liaison between PD and upstream development teams to develop a robust pipeline on strategy for the brand
- Grow consumer centric product design within team by leveraging design thinking and rapid consumer co-creation to drive product development process
- Coordinate and direct outside vendors, service suppliers and academic resources
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree required from an accredited institution in Chemistry (or directly related scientific discipline) with 7-10 years of relevant experience in product development.
MS/PhD are preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical and Functional Knowledge
- Knowledge of chemistry and how to drive product development processes
- Utilizes experience and creativity to overcome complex technical hurdles.
- Coach and grow junior team members in overall product development
- Ability to tell R&D story with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Uses sound technical judgment in priority calls with guidance from supervisor and meets the project objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects with upper level direction
- Interfaces with R&D and business leadership project on project status and key updates
- Creativity and Innovation
- Demonstrates ability to innovate and find new ways to create products, solve problems, ways of working and methods.
- Business Acumen
- Understanding of competition and the impact of strategies and tactics in the marketplace.
- Experience managing a team of technical professionals
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More