A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Title: Director, Product Development: GLOBAL R&D Product Development/Innovation Flawless
Reporting to VP Global R&D Specialty Hair Care, Personal Care, Health & Wellbeing, and OTC Pharma
- Vice President R&D
- Vice President Global New Products and Innovation (GNPI)
- Vice President Marketing Specialty Hair Care
- Director Marketing, Flawless
- VP /Director GMS
- Senior Supply Chain/Manufacturing Leadership
- Senior Quality & Regulatory Leadership
- Senior International business leaders
- Senior Legal Counsel, Patents
R&D Flawless Innovation Leader
Reporting to the Vice President R&D Global R&D Specialty Hair Care, Personal Care, Health & Wellbeing, and OTC Pharma, the position will be responsible for:
- Consumer insights-driven and technology-centric design and development of innovative Flawless products, pipeline, and platforms. The position is also responsible to expand the Flawless role to drive US/International growth and develop the right operating model within CHD, including leading integration to combine the best of Flawless and needs of CHD. The position requires a highly experienced technical leader with extensive knowledge in devices and consumer-based design, and the ability to work closely with cross functional partners to deliver global initiatives. The position will be accountable for setting the innovation direction for the technical team and requires the ability to influence and drive cross functional partners to deliver year on year innovation for Flawless. The position is also responsible for managing the overall US and International day to day R&D processes, particularly focused on ensuring seamless integration to CHD. In addition, the position will be responsible for the R&D innovation partnerships with Flawless trading partners and co-manufacturing’s during the product development process to ensure agile innovation processes to meet business and market needs.
- The position is responsible for developing the longer-term R&D vision for Flawless including the technical paths needed to enable business growth. This role requires a highly skilled technical leader who can drive a solid strategic approach to support a growing international business.
- The position will also develop patent strategies around R&D technologies for Flawless and work closely with IP counsel to develop stronger, creative IP protection for Flawless technologies.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Direct consumer-centric design and development of CHD products within the defined costing model, launch requirements, and supply chain parameters.
- In-depth understanding of business objectives and resource allocation/timeline to direct internal and external development and validation.
- Be viewed as the lead for Flawless innovation with internal partners, interfacing with SBU business leaders to plan, coordinate and execute agreed project assignments for Flawless Brand globally
- Participate on the Sr R&D Leadership team and implement R&D strategies.
- Manage product engineers, providing leadership, project prioritization and delegation of activities against agreed objectives
- Execute multiple projects within budgetary scope for commercialization of new or modified products.
- Recommend and assess feasibility of new technologies and identify critical success drivers for the team
- Management of several complex projects with independence
- Coordinate with the department’s senior management to define and prioritize goals & objectives.
- Coordination of qualification programs for new product designs and materials
Education and Experience
The successful candidate should be a highly seasoned professional with a minimum of 10 years of experience in product development. Additional experience should include managerial responsibility.
The candidate should have a minimum of a BS degree in Engineering. Alternate qualifications could include significant experience in electronics, electrical devices, medical devices, industrial design, engineered products.
The candidate’s experience must clearly demonstrate background in the following areas:
- Experience in management of teams or acted as Team Leader
- Experience in product development for new product launches
- Management of departmental projects, resources and budget
- Coordination and completion of qualification programs of new products
- Identification and coordination of cost savings initiatives as related to designs and materials
- Understanding of global quality requirements for medical devices and electrical devices.
- Fully developed skills in project management and experienced, cross-functional interactions
- In-depth understanding of patent strategy
- Detailed understanding of manufacturing in markets outside of US.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven leadership abilities and through understanding of consumer-centric product development and all associated processes.
- Passion for innovation and technology within the framework of new product development.
- Proven organizational and communication skills,
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate across the organization.
- High interpersonal skills clearly showing strong communication interdepartmentally and in cross-corporate environments
- A self-motivated and proactive leader with ambitions to “learn and deliver” within a fast paced, “employee empowered” atmosphere
- Strategic thinker who can develop and implement strategic objectives
- Knowledge of APAC region, consumer, manufacturing, and R&D models.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More