Agile Project Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We are seeking a strong Agile Project Manager who is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating our Flawless marketing and innovation team; a self-organizing group of professionals expected to deliver high sales growth from innovation in a fast-paced environment. Through team management, planning, project clarification, innovation support, and process ownership, the Agile Project Manager will facilitate creativity, help team members work together effectively, remove impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, foster team empowerment and entrepreneurship, and enable the team to complete tasks on time at a high level of quality.
What We’re About:
· Innovation: We have a created a culture of innovation that consistently strives for new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
· Collaboration: We rely on open and honest communication between team members. The mutual trust and respect we have for each other enables us to challenge one another and work towards building the winning idea.
· Passion: We are passionate about beauty, building a market-leading brand, and delighting our retailers and consumers. We will grow by leveraging insights and pushing the limits of our brand and category leadership.
· Entrepreneurialism: We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally. Success, in the end, is our ultimate goal.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Project Planning and Process Management
- Responsible for defining projects and plans using short development cycles while focused on timely and quality delivery by team
- Manages the day-to-day work activities of Flawless team members, organizing and coordinating the team, and leading project status, daily huddles, and working meetings
- Identifies and resolves project issues and mitigates risks, manages deviations from plans, provides progress reports as needed
- Champions ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for agile project management and improve team efficiency and effectiveness
Team and Change Management
- Works very closely with the Head of Flawless Beauty to set direction and communicate a clear vision of the projects and motivates the project team to achieve them. Closes any communication gaps with key constituents outside of the team
- Leads change management in a fast-paced, agile work environment. Leads team towards swift and clear decision making, pivoting plans and activating the team members simultaneously with new direction
- Promotes empowerment of the team, ensures that each team member is fully engaged and making a meaningful contribution. Helps to maintain entrepreneurial culture of team
- Assists in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; and mentoring and developing team members
Innovation and Corporate Support
- Supports the Innovation Manager to ensure timely integration with Church & Dwight systems and processes. Ensures that other cross-functional department needs are met.
- Manages and assists with resolution to requests coming from Church & Dwight corporate, keeping team hyper-focused on Flawless team priorities
Education and Experience
- BA/BS required
- 5-7 years of project management experience with an emphasis in product development
- Knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Must have held project management positions (reflecting increasing levels of responsibility) preferably in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced organization.
- Note this role is not in the tech/software industry; 5+ years consumer packaged goods industry experience preferred as is knowledge of the beauty industry preferred
- Proven experience in people management (direct, indirect and/or matrixed teams)
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and direct team to let go of unnecessary or distracting work
- The ability to thrive—and remain calm—under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others as well as manage conflict
- Comfortable navigating corporate politics and resolving conflicting priorities
- Superior critical thinking capabilities, including the ability to think on his or her feet
- Comfort with quickly changing priorities and a high level of adaptability and flexibility while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Influencing: Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Develops influential relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Effective change manager, attention to detail, problem solving skills, enthusiasm, assertiveness, and ability to be hands on as needed
- Able to quickly develop deep understanding of C&D’s business from a cultural & operational perspective
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More