Shift Supervisor, Blend - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under general supervision, this position supervises manufacturing/blending activities and assists Shift Supervisor, MFG in coordinating the processing of materials and/or products in the manufacturing facilities; supervises manufacturing and blend employees and monitors production output and quality of products; and ensures products meets specifications, quality, and delivery requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Supervising and coordinating activities of employees engaged in the manufacturing and blending processing activities.
- Training and/or coordinating training of all employees performing manufacturing and blending functions.
- Coordinating activities to ensure that deadlines, product specifications, and quality requirements are met.
- Ensuring machines and equipment are inspected to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Ensuring that all tasks are performed according to safety practices and regulations.
- Ensuring all employees follow GMP and regulatory guidelines.
- Updating, entering, and/or retrieving information using automated systems.
- Performing other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED, and/or any equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Knowledge of production procedures and documentation requirements.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information, draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid –MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil – MSDS
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More