Human Resources Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager manages, maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resource policies, programs and practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Promotes a safe culture and awareness within their area of responsibility at all times.
- Supports all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Supervises, coordinates and delegates activities of workers engaged in Human Resources activities.
- Manages HR staff job results by planning, monitoring and appraising said job results and providing counseling and corrective action when applicable.
- Develops and administers various human resource plans and procedures for all Plant personnel.
- Ensures compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all employment practices.
- Ensures compliance in the areas of EEO, AAP, OFCCP and OSHA.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; and maintaining records.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipates new legislation; and enforces adherence to requirements.
- Directs personnel functions related to staffing, wage/salary and benefit administration, training and development and employee relations.
- Oversees workers compensation program to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness.
- May investigate accidents and prepare reports.
- Conducts annual salary surveys and works with management to develop merit pool; monitors performance evaluation system; and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Ensures that applicants are informed of job duties, working conditions, pay, benefits and promotional opportunities.
- Provides guidance in identifying, evaluating and resolving human relations and work performance problems.
- Directs information of a critical/sensitive nature to the corporate HR team in a timely and appropriate manner.
- May develop and conduct training to instruct managers and supervisors in human relations skills, such as supervisory skills, conflict resolution skills, interpersonal communication skills and effective group interaction skills.
- May represent company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A four (4) year degree, certification and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the job in addition to seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More