Group Brand Manager, GNPI Specialty Hair Care
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Leads Specialty Hair Care new product strategy and innovation projects.
This position is based in Ewing, New Jersey.
What we’re about:
· Innovation: We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
· Collaboration: We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
· Focus: We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
· Entrepreneurialism: We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
What you’ll do:
- Identify trends, new innovations in Specialty Hair Care (SHC). Assess their potential for Batiste™, Nair™, and Viviscal™, and champion new product recommendations.
- Work closely with SHC team partners on new product selection and prioritization, and then execute selected products to achieve committed go to market timing.
- Develop a compelling innovation strategy and pipeline to support the SHC mission, positioning and equity, based on category and competitive analysis. Conduct consumer validation of innovation ideas.
- Lead new product initiatives in collaboration with SHC cross functional team:
- Collaborate and coordinate with the UK Innovation Center (Marketing, Project Management, and R&D Product Development) on concepts, ideas, and execution.
- Develop a close working relationship with the US Brand teams to deliver US portfolio on time and with excellence.
- Work with Legal, Regulatory, and R&D to ensure define product claims, ensuring they are attainable and substantiated.
- Work with Finance to develop acceptable financials, including Gross Margin.
- Participate in customer co-creation meetings, including preparation, presentation, activating against feedback.
- Provide a product brief and insight bundle to US Marketing to ensure the demographic target, USP, features and benefits, product offer (price), COGS and margins are understood.
- Responsible for maintaining timely communications between departments and ensuring the timelines are met.
- Partner with International Marketing team to drive global synergies.
- Gain organizational support and senior level buy-in for new product initiatives.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 9-12 years total Marketing/New Product Development experience. Beauty experience highly desired. Strong consumer focus
- Prior innovation / new product development experience, new product launches and/or major repositioning of a Brand
- Experience in category analysis, P&L analysis, and forecasting
- Familiarity with common consumer marketing research tools and techniques
- Experience leading teams and influencing cross functional partners
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More