Group Brand Manager – Flawless Beauty Innovation
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Leads Flawless Beauty new product innovation portfolio strategy and projects.
This highly visible position will assist and independently lead Global New Product Innovation initiatives to help achieve annual growth targets. Position is based in New Jersey with remote flexibility.
What we’re about:
· Love What You Do: We are passionate about beauty, building a market-leading brand, and delighting our retailers and consumers. We grow by leveraging insights and pushing the limits of our brand and category leadership.
· The Next BIG Idea: We have a created a culture of innovation that consistently strives for new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
· Authentic Connection: We rely on open and honest communication between team members. The mutual trust and respect we have for each other enables us to challenge one another and work towards building the winning idea.
· Entrepreneurial Spirit: We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally. Success, in the end, is our ultimate goal.
What you’ll do:
- Identify trends, new innovations in the categories of Beauty, Skin Care, and Personal Care. Assess their potential for Flawless, and champion new product recommendations.
- Work very closely with Flawless team partners on new product selection and prioritization, and then execute selected products on an accelerated timeline.
- Develop a compelling innovation strategy and pipeline to support Flawless mission, positioning and equity, based on category and competitive analysis. Where necessary, conduct consumer validation of innovation ideas.
- Lead new product initiatives in collaboration with Flawless team:
- Coordinate with R&D Product Development on product specifications (must-haves and claims), design, color palette, and use requirements.
- Work with Legal, Regulatory, R&D, and Head of Marketing and Communications to ensure product claims are attainable and substantiated.
- Work with R&D to validate technical pathways and with Operations to establish and execute the manufacturing strategy for new products.
- Work with Finance to develop acceptable financials, including Gross Margin.
- Participate in customer co-creation meetings, including preparation, presentation, and activating against feedback.
- Provide a product brief and insight bundle to Marketing to ensure the demographic target, USP, features and benefits, product offer (price), COGS and margins are understood. These documents will continue to be refined throughout the development process.
- Responsible for maintaining timely communications between departments and ensuring the timelines are met.
- Work closely with Flawless team partners to promote constant flow of information, and iterative new product development process.
- Input into the commercial briefing and scripting process, course correcting language or use.
- Partner with International Marketing team to drive global synergies, as appropriate.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 9-12 years in Marketing/NPD (CPG, OTC, VMS, Cosmetics)
- Prior innovation / new product development experience, new product launches and/or major repositioning of a Brand – ideally in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in category analysis, digital marketing & analytics, digital, P&L analysis, and forecasting
- Familiarity with common consumer marketing research tools and techniques
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More