National Business Manager - eCommerce
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
National Business Manager, eCommerce
Church & Dwight is seeking an entrepreneurial, solutions oriented and financially minded individual that shares a passion for recognizing and developing new business opportunities. The National Business Manager, eCommerce is responsible for managing some of our fastest growing eCommerce partners, emerging Grocery Delivery platforms, BOPIS (Buy Online Pickup In-store) and Grocery Ecommerce Retail Partners. This individual will directly engage with select eCommerce retail partners and internal teams and act as the key liaison for all aspects of our relationships, communications and activities with their assigned accounts.
The ideal candidate for the position will possess a wide range of eCommerce knowledge and skills, as they are responsible for performing a variety of tasks as a pivotal member of the sales team. The National Business Manager, eCommerce will develop and implement strategic initiatives while incorporating consumer needs, marketing initiatives, new product development and supply chain innovation to drive the overall performance and health of our brand portfolio. They will manage all activities related to sales and relationship health with assigned eCommerce customers, while collaborating with a Broker Agency to ensure all CHD goals and objectives are executed and accomplished.
This position reports to the eCommerce Team Leader and will work closely with the extended eCommerce team contacts including Customer Strategic Planning, Digital Marketing, Sales Finance, Brand Marketing, Supply Chain, IT and various contracted broker agencies.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Optimize emerging delivery and BOPIS channel strategies to deliver greater profitability for C&D brands
- Establish eCommerce content health best practices, keyword optimized product page updates and POS sales reporting to meet corporate goals and accelerate brand growth
- Develop and execute assortment strategy including SKU rationalization for delivery and BOPIS platforms
- Drive growth in grocery delivery through proven and effective digital media programs to increase sales and conversion
- Develop holistic promotional strategy that aligns with B&M retail
- Attain annual sales, trade-spending, and net profit goals.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with account contacts and gain expert knowledge on the customer's go to market strategy.
- Maintain regular reporting and forecasting activities. These objectives should be accomplished within, or below, all budgetary constraints.
- Own all direct contact with retail partners and address specific requests/requirements in a timely fashion.
- Negotiate all programming investment terms and contracts; conduct regular business reviews as needed.
- Educate cross-functional members of CHD organization on key aspects of customer’s business needs.
- Allocate trade budget to specific programs that drive the business and ensure trade spending is kept within budget.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing, Brand, Shopper Marketing, CSP, etc. on key programs as needed.
- Seek to continuously understand various retail partner’s programs and align with CHD goals.
- Develop and execute plans and strategies that meet assigned sales and growth goals.
- Identify any relevant critical metrics, secure necessary data to measure and track accordingly.
- Understand all customer strategies/roadmaps, organization, operations, shoppers, capabilities and ways of working to win with the retailer.
- Proactively communicate any competitive risks, opportunities and new product ideas back to corporate.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in general business, eCommerce, brand management, financial analysis, or marketing
- Required - Minimum 3 years of Field Sales experience in Food COT and/or Emerging Grocery Delivery Platforms
- Required - Minimum 2 years eCommerce experience
- Experience managing broker network preferred
- Prior digital content experience including SEO, content health scoring, and 3rd party/retailer platforms a plus
- Data management skills are a must. Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Trade Promotion Management
- Position requires individual to have a thorough understanding of business financials
- Required - Deep understanding of Food class of trade, including emerging delivery and BOPIS (buy online pickup in-store) platforms
- Prior experience with data analysis, senior level presentation, ambiguity management, and account/vendor management is required
- Ability to travel 40% or more if necessary
Skills and Competencies
- Dynamic customer engagement skills
- Effective communication skills
- Required - Digital media and content management expertise
- Proven ecommerce strategist
- Develop and execute data driven strategies
- Track record of success in promoting product growth
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solving and innovative thought leadership skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More