Custodian, 3rd Shift - Ridgefield
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We currently have an opportunity for a Custodian at our Ridgefield, Washington packaging and distribution center! This position performs custodial duties throughout the VMS Plant including: Office, Manufacturing, Packaging, Blend, Warehouse, parking lots, and grounds.
The current opening is available on our 3rd shift, which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The base rate for this position is $15.00 per hour plus 3rd shift receives $0.50 per hour shift differential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures, company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Maintains facilities in a clean and orderly condition.
- Works in clean room, warehouse, and production environments.
- Uses a variety of cleaning utensils and equipment including floor scrubbers.
- Performs routine cleaning tasks such as wiping down furniture walls and doors; scrubbing toilets; washing windows; sweeping and mopping floors; and emptying out trash cans.
- Performs high cleaning in a scissor lift as needed.
- Replenishes kitchen and bathroom supplies.
- Reports supply needs to supervisor.
- Elevates sanitation needs to supervisor.
- Completes cleaning work orders in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED plus one (1) year experience, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to assist in keeping the buildings and grounds clean and orderly.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lift and carry up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More