Packer 3, 3rd Shift, Ridgefield
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have several excellent opportunities for packaging leads at our Ridgefield, Washington packaging and distribution center! Our Packer 3 positions maintain all packaging production documentation, lead labor, adhere to safety procedures, and escalate all quality concerns for bottling/packaging process orders.
The current openings are available on our 3rd shift, which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The base rate for this position is $16.45 per hour plus 3rd shift receives a $0.50 per hour shift differential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Wears proper GMP and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attire for all tasks including: shoe covers, gowns, hair restraint(s), gloves, masks, sleeve covers, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.
- Ensures proper clean room attire is worn in the clean room.
- Understands and adheres to Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Ensures all Packer 1, Packer 2, and self-performed tasks are performed according to SOPs, GMPs, safety procedures, and other applicable regulations.
- Assists in equipment set up as needed.
- Coordinates activities to ensure minimal set up or downtime in the production lines between process orders.
- Verifies all incoming materials and equipment prior to starting the process order.
- Reviews and verifies schedule sequence and priorities.
- Elevates any conflicts in the production schedule, performance, and quality issues to the Shift Supervisor and Production Coordinator.
- Completes and distributes appropriate documentation pertaining to process orders and Master Manufacturing Records (MMRs).
- Instructs the assigned production line personnel to start the job and assigning additional personnel if necessary.
- Performs frequent checks on the line to inspect accuracy, quality, and performance.
- Requests additional materials by filling out proper request form(s).
- Ensures that all in-process monitoring and transactions are documented accurately and timely.
- Checks the Equipment Use logbooks to verify proper and adequate documentation.
- Performs any and all Packer 1 or Packer 2 duties and responsibilities when needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Some experience using computers is required.
- Knowledge of finished goods release procedures.
- Knowledge of all department SOPs and ability to enforce them.
- Knowledge of Work Order completion procedures, including identification, inventory, and return of unused materials.
- Knowledge of SAP/WMS or other inventory control database systems.
- Ability to sort, count, and verify product quantities.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
- Ability to read and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to detect problems or flawed products and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infraction control standards.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for more than up to twelve (12) hours per shift; lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More