A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Technical Manager is located at Church & Dwight’s manufacturing plant in the Kansas City, Missouri area. This position manages the activities of staff accountable for environmental and technical services in a lean manufacturing and distribution environment at the Harrisonville, MO facility. Additional responsibilities include capital project budget preparation, forecasting, management and implementation; continuous improvement; process and production line design and specification development; as well as, the Technical Department budget development and tracking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Plant Maintenance programs and Plant Process Improvements.
- Prepare and control annual budgets for Technical Department.
- Support new product initiatives through product testing and development, process changes and capital projects.
- Select and Supervise outside contractors, including safety performance and conformance to plant rules.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency, productivity, or safety of the plant processes.
- Develops and takes ownership of the site master plan from a strategic growth perspective.
- Designs and implements engineering projects utilizing design for manufacturability concepts.
- Support Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training/orientation for maintenance and technical manufacturing staff.
- Responsible for keeping current with technical changes and innovation. Key person to bring these external ideas into the operation.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Develop, author, and execute Capital Expense Requests.
- Manage all assigned capital project budgets, implementation plans, cost control, and timing.
- Report (via online application) on all capital projects including spending to date, forecasted spending, and future project financials for both plant and transferred corporate projects.
- Coordinate preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within the plant.
- Provide leadership and expertise on all plant issues dealing with environmental and engineering factors.
- Support and implement safety, insurance, and Responsible Care compliance initiatives through identification of capital projects.
- Responsible for plant compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental rules and regulations.
- Participate in the selection of various roles and the technical staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Maintain a competent staff through selection, training, development, motivation and performance management.
- Create and execute annual goals/objectives and performance feedback sessions.
- Mentor (formal and/or informal) new and existing technical employees, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma, green belt experience preferred.
- SAP PM experience a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulations (OSHA, EPA), and GMP practices.
- Knowledge of Plant Quality Systems related to SOP’s, control plans, work instructions, project management, quality engineering and quality audit functions.
- Knowledge of Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000) and CGMP s plus.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including Six Sigma and TPM - Autonomous Maintenance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Business Management / Industrial Engineering or related field preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of previous plant / process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More