Manufacturing Shift Lead - 4th Shift - Vancouver -
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shift Lead at our Vancouver, Washington manufacturing plant! This position leads manufacturing and production activities; assists Manufacturing Shift Supervisor with the coordination of materials and/or products processing in the manufacturing facility; leads manufacturing employees and monitors output and quality of products; and assures products meet quality and delivery requirements.
The current opening is available on our 4th shift, which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM
The base rate for this position is $21.00 per hour plus 4th Shift receives a $1.00 per hour shift differential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Assists Manufacturing Supervisor in coordinating workers engaged in cooking, forming, coating, and packing candy.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinating activities to ensure deadlines are met and quality of products meets specifications.
- Ensures machines and equipment are inspected to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observing workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensures all tasks are performed according to safety procedures and regulations.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves manufacturing and production data using computers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED plus one (1) year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Knowledge of production procedures and documentation requirements.
- Ability to oversee and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to analyze.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines.
Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More