Import/Export Compliance Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Import/Export Compliance Analyst role is responsible for insuring compliance in accordance with United States import/export laws, packing list and shipping invoices. Develop, implement and maintain internal import/export compliance policies and procedures from the ground up. Develop, implement and manage U.S. Customs and worldwide related projects, planning and activities that enhance Customs compliance and minimize overall Customs liabilities.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Direct global import/export activities that support the delivery of products, services and information both to internal and external world-wide customers.
- Provide air freight quotes upon request and assist in the rationalization and associated costs versus shipping via Ocean Container to facilitate shipments when required.
- Analyze documentation associated with operational international activity including U.S. compliance and FDA regulatory requirements, international air and ocean logistics, and documentation practices.
- Maintain a reference guide for HTS (Harmonized Tariff Codes) for all Church and Dwight related Imports/Exports. Work with the MDM Team to ensure the appropriate information is captured in SAP.
- Determine proper tariff classifications, valuation, country of origin/marking of import merchandise. Work with outside council to insure accurate determination.
- Determine USMCA qualification for any new Church and Dwight Products for Import or Export.
- Coordinate collection and validation of supplier USMCA Certificates of Origin annually.
- Assist in any drafting or implementation of import and export compliance policies and procedures when necessary.
- Manages Customs Brokers/Freight Forwarders to ensure import and export documentation is properly completed on a consistent basis. Provides feedback and insight on future expansion and growth requirements.
- Approves and processes International Freight Bills as required.
- Provides support to R&D and Support Engineering on Special Projects.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in Import/Export shipping and compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, supply chain or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of USMCA, CETA and import/export regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff System and Explanatory Notes
- Strong knowledge of all U.S. Customs regulations
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite for the creation of reports, presentations, and analysis and other advanced functionality
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks while delivering quality results and meeting deadlines
- Detail oriented and able to consistently produce high quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated with the ability to function independently and solve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with business partners and other team members
- An understanding of SAP is a plus
- Knowledge of forwarder websites and or software related to the tracking of containers and import shipments
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More