Warehouse Support - 1st Shift - Vancouver
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for Warehouse Support personnel at our Vancouver, WA plant.
This position is available on our 1st shift, which works Monday through Wednesday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The base hourly pay rate is $15.00 per hour.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for performing a variety of routine shipping and receiving tasks; verifying identifying information on material with instructions/documents; and relocating material from storage or work areas to designated areas.
- Participates in the receiving, transporting, stacking, order filling, shipping and maintaining stock records in warehouse.
- Loads, unloads and moves product/materials within or near facility.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work areas to designated area, using hand truck, pallet jack or forklift.
- May count, weigh, or record number of units moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases or other containers.
- May package, stack or assemble materials.
- May remove samples of materials, labels with identifying information and take to Quality Systems Unit.
- May examine material received, verify item numbers and check discrepancies, such as damaged or unmarked material.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The successful candidates must possess a High school diploma or GED and/or any equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. The candidate’s experience should include the following areas:
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to receive, track and distribute materials, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to receive, stock and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity, requiring standing and/or walking for more than four (4) and up to twelve (12) hours per day; lifting and carrying items weighing 50 pounds; and bend, stoop, climb and reach.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More