EHS & Sustainability Specialist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position supports and owns the coordination and implementation of critical processes, programs, and procedures to achieve compliance, goals, objectives, and continuous improvement related to environmental, health, safety, and sustainability.
- Health and Safety
- Interacting with sites to manage performance metrics for the ESO.
- Analyze EHS conditions and behaviors and recommend changes to continuously improve performance to world class levels.
- Effectively coaches employees to support a safety culture.
- Provide expertise and participate in EHS incident investigations.
- Responsible for implementing systems, procedures, and work practices to ensure “audit ready” state of compliance with company and regulatory agency policies, including federal, state and local regulations.
- Drives key effective, sustainable implementation of EHS initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities via hands on leadership, coaching and team work.
- DOT Compliance
- Business Continuity
- Responsible Care
Increased sustainability reporting to include SASB and TCFD metrics Improvement in CDP reporting to achieve a leadership role CDP water reporting and reduction programs Increased customer initiatives Achieve carbon neutral certification Science based target initiative and program management Chemical footprint reporting Purchased power agreements Achieve top quartile safety metrics
- Attends and participates in internal/3rd party audits as needed.
- Prepares correspondence related to corrective actions, audit findings, timelines for required activities and follow ups.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Create framework and structure for new programs/initiatives as needed.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of EHS management system processes.
- 5+ years of related EHS work experience.
- Exposure/experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Science, Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety-related discipline)
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More