Product Development Scientist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Support and develop microbial solutions for the animal productivity product lines for application in the bovine species. The research will focus on applying microbiological and molecular genetic techniques to isolate and characterize pathogenic bacteria from feed, environmental and fecal samples from ruminant production systems and developing probiotic products to promote intestinal health and improved performance as part of the Microbial TerroirTM platform.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Isolate and characterize bacterial isolates using molecular genetic techniques and test for sensitivity using bacteriocin inhibition assays to identify potential probiotic microorganisms
• Maintain a log of the samples, isolates and results for all experiments in a laboratory notebook
• Validate the functional activity of the microorganisms through in vitro models
• Prepare reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
• Maintain inter- and intradepartmental work-flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of regulated products. Assist in maintaining laboratory compliance including SOP development and equipment maintenance.
• Contribute to team effort by participating in other research related activities as needed.
Education and Experience
• BS in Microbiology, Biology or related field from an accredited institution required. Masters degree is preferred.
• 2+ years of related experience.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong scientific knowledge and hands on laboratory skills needed including general microbiology and molecular biology techniques.
• Computer literate and knowledgeable of MS Office.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
• Self-motivated and takes ownership of assigned projects.
• Works well independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to manage large workloads at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects without manager oversight.
• Demonstrated organizational, work planning, and problem-solving skills.
• CHD Core Competencies of Action Oriented, Dealing with Ambiguity, Decision Quality, Demonstration
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More