A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Old Fort Plant Quality Manager is responsible for the quality systems, food safety and product quality at the manufacturing facility and distribution center. This position also provides input into the Green River Plant Quality and Food Safety System. The position manages the Quality Control Lab, Production Quality, Quality Assurance and other related Quality functions required to ensure the Quality Management System is effective. They also ensure the Food Safety program is effective. The person directs quality improvement programs at the plant working with the local plant management staff and implements Corporate Quality initiatives.
The reporting structure is solid line to Corporate Global Quality to maintain Independence and dotted line to Plant Management. Critical Success Drivers are developed in combination with both Corporate and Plant objectives. On site Plant Management is responsible for day to day activities. All communication is to Plant Management first, then Corporate as required.
- Provides Quality Leadership to support plant quality and food safety programs focused on the production of Quality Product, Continuous Improvement, compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices and Regulatory/Legal requirements for Old Fort. Develop programs to ensure manufacturing systems are in control and capable of meeting defined specifications.
- Communicate plant quality issues to Plant Management and Corporate as appropriate.
- Implement Corporate Quality Initiatives.
- Manage the Old Fort Quality Budget within the guidelines and direction of Plant Management.
- Ensure the Quality Group is trained and staffed with competent personnel.
- Coordinate third party and internal quality system audits to document compliance to Regulations in Old Fort.
- Ensure compliance to Regulatory and Legal Requirements in Old Fort. Works cooperatively with the Green River facility to ensure consistency of Quality systems and conformance to Regulatory requirements.
- Interact with Corporate Brand Teams and R&D Groups on new products and product improvements, coordinating R&D test trials in Old Fort.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma processes to achieve cost savings targets for the plant.
- Interact with Retail Customers to meet their requirements
- Ensure B2B customer complaints are investigated and closed out.
- Develop and maintain Key Quality Performance Indicators.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent influence and persuasive skills
- Demonstrated leadership with significant results achievement
- Able to embrace new ideas
- Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements for 21 CFR 110, 111, 117 and 210/211
Education & Experience
- BS/MS degree from an accredited institution in Science related field
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in the consumer products, food mfg., medical device, and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience working in a plant environment
- Knowledge of quality management systems, food safety systems, and Regulatory Requirements
- Supervisory Experience
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More