Production Supervisor - Weekend Midnights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will oversee cost-effective and efficient operation in RBC, MEGALAC, Packaging, SPD Warehouses.
This working shift hours are 7:00 pm-7:15 am on 14 day schedule: week one - Wednesday/Thursday and week two - Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
What you’ll do:
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the plant
- Ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received
- Resolves discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports
- Monitors the flow of paperwork for timely data entry. Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the plant in an efficient, effective, and safe manner
- Monitors and measures shipping office for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material
- Monitors and enforces procedures to reduce Customer Complaints
- Ensure compliance with quality, regulatory and feed safety systems in order to protect our customers and ultimately our brands
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements (FDA, State), product safety, GMP and preventative quality systems
- Ensure Operations department provides finished goods on time and in the right mix with-in a multi-plant environment
- Monitor production and changeover efficiencies and work to improve them
- Support each department supervisor in regards to production and goals
- Schedule preventative maintenance activities
- Operational support of R&D projects as related to processing and product developments and improvements
- Support quality initiatives on new products and product changes
- Ensuring that employees are fully trained, following SOP’s and accurately completing paperwork
- Determine workloads in Warehouse area and publish schedules to accommodate 24/7 operations
- Managing the timely submittal of accurate timekeeping and overtime records
- Ensure safe working practices are understood and followed
- Evaluate department employees and making hiring/termination recommendations
- Fulfilling on-call duties several times a year
- Familiar with the plant food safety program and basic HACCP principles
What you’ll need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows-based environment and ability to use most office equipment
- Business computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and Enterprise level systems such as WMS, SAP, Crystal Reports, Transportation Software as well as the internet required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of one year of related supervisory experience in an industrial environment
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More