Maintenance Supervisor - Operations
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
After: This position oversees a fast-paced manufacturing environment, for a multi-skilled maintenance department, that ensures operations can meet customer demand with 24/7 coverage.
Core hours are Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Analyzes production and maintenance reports to resolve operational, manufacturing, quality, and maintenance issues to reduce costs, prevent operational delays and meet production line operational efficiency rates.
- Ensures that maintenance tasks are performed efficiently in a 24/7 manufacturing environment, by setting work priorities, supervising and assisting with repairs and maintenance schedules.
- Provides emergency response including equipment repair, situation stabilization and the mobilizing of resources as needed
- Verifies and ensures documentation of all repair records, preventive maintenance records and consumption of replacement parts.
- Develops new tools and techniques to improve monitoring and performance of machinery and improve department KPI’s.
- Works with the site planner on scheduled outages, and planned maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the safety and training of maintenance staff.
- Conducts specific training for the maintenance staff
- Supervises select outside contractors.
- Attends and participates in production meetings
- Active participant in and all related lean activities and projects.
- Monitors and minimizes down time, identifies and advocates for improvement opportunities
- Familiar with the plant food safety programs and basic HACCP principles.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory safety and environmental codes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows-based environment and ability to use most office equipment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Office Suite products and Enterprise level systems such as SAP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field required. Preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More