Department Supervisor, QC Lab - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining a state of the art laboratory that meets Dietary Supplement Good Manufacturing Practices requirements and provides consistent and reliable testing of raw materials, vitamin blends and bulk to support production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Overseeing the daily operations of the QC laboratory including analytical chemistry, microbiological and physical testing for production, stability/R&D samples, etc.
- Ensuring that the lab meets all Dietary Supplement GMPs and that testing methods are scientifically valid.
- Setting a yearly budget for the lab and tracking monthly spending.
- Ensuring laboratory testing turnaround times meet production demands.
- Evaluating data trends that may provide insights into products, vendors, etc.
- Evaluating lab capacity and adjust to support business requirements.
- Evaluating technologies that could increase cost savings, expand capabilities and improve testing accuracies as well as overseeing the development and validation of new test methods.
- Problem-solving issues that create down time in the lab and evaluating impact on work load.
- Overseeing hiring and training of laboratory staff.
- Collecting and analyzing statistical data to identify and addressing trends through regular review of lab OOS investigations, annual product reviews and environmental monitoring.
- Working collaboratively with Quality Assurance (QA) to understand operations priorities and impact on test samples.
- Communicating due dates to help stake holders plan and coordinate requirements.
- Updating status of test samples in a timely manner.
- Communicating down time in the lab; sharing the circumstances, the action plan, the time line and the impact on work load; and creating contingency plans with stakeholders to mitigate impact on the business.
- Participating in GMP audits and customer tours to demonstrate laboratory capabilities and compliance with regulations.
- Working with R&D to develop and maintain product specifications.
- Creating and maintaining an organized system for laboratory data and sample retain.
- Assisting on technical projects as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four (4) year degree in Biology or Chemistry and three (3) years’ experience supervising a laboratory and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job. Experience performing standardized tests according to prescribed procedures and calculating/recording test results is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Strong understanding and skill in data analysis.
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology, equipment, materials, procedures and the fundamental laboratory methods related to chemistry and microbiology.
- Ability to interpret and integrate moderately complex data into appropriate summaries.
- Competency in project management tasks and skills as related to technical writing, including teamwork, planning, organization, delegation, coordination, metrics and oversight of contractors.
- Ability to independently apply knowledge to new situations and make recommendations on appropriate course of action.
- Ability to multitask and to maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Good understanding of Dietary Supplement GMP Requirements.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid –MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil – MSDS
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to eight (8) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More