Senior Payroll Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
As a Senior Payroll Analyst you will perform all activities required to process multi-state corporate/plant employees, retiree, equity, and disability payrolls, including all pre-and post-controls and validation, maintaining related records, ensuring that all employee level tax issues are properly addressed, posting to the general ledger, preparing accounting transactions, and closing each cycle in a timely manner consistent with internal governance and accounting requirements.
- Strong focus on customer service, working as a supportive escalation expert to the AskHR and a valued partner to other COEs and HR Business Partners as required.
- Proven ability to manage highly sensitive information, working with internal partners to accomplish objectives without compromising a high threshold for discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment and initiative while keeping others informed as appropriate.
- Strong aptitude for mathematics; highly analytical with a sharp focus on detail and accuracy; able to think logically yet broadly to solve immediate issues, identify and diagnose root cause of systemic issues, and take a leadership role in driving improvements and efficiencies.
- Very strong skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- In conjunction with the Payroll, ensure that all payroll administration and accounting processes are regularly evaluated to be as streamlined and efficient as possible.
- Maintain all critical payroll controls and procedures, including developing and enforcing standards, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing, including manual and automated input to the payroll system as well as output from the payroll system to other systems.
- Assist overseeing all aspects of wage attachment processing.
- Promptly executes all pre- and post-processing audits to validate payroll accuracy and promptly makes any necessary adjustments so that employees and other key stakeholders have an error-free payroll experience. Inform key stakeholders regarding errors or corrections as appropriate.
- Serves as the Tier 2 support for payroll matters that are referred by AskHR, ensuring that all inquiries and cases are resolved as quickly as possible with a focus on providing superior customer service.
- Manage the various payrolls for active corporate employees, retirees, and those on disability including pre- and post- verifications, balancing and reconciliations, general ledger posting and journal entries, and reporting.
- Maintain a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Escalate potential service issues to the Payroll Supervisor or Payroll Manager.
- FPP or CPP desired, but not required
- Knowledge of payroll administration, controls, governance, and accounting best practices.
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulatory and compliance obligations related to payroll and how to fulfill them in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understanding of multi-state payroll practices, requirements, and financial/tax implications.
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll module preferred.
- Knowledge of Workday HCM preferred.
- Knowledge of Workforce Time & Attendance preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More