Director Of Sales at Waterpik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Lead the sales & marketing activities of assigned strategic corporate accounts to insure the accomplishment of Company goals. Represent the company to assigned strategic corporate customers in a manner consistent with company expectations; provide management with appropriate information concerning market conditions, retail trends and customer needs.
This position is equivalent to CHD Grade 30
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute territory initiatives for specific assigned strategic corporate accounts that support overall Company/Departmental goals.
- Consistently interact with appropriate account and agency personnel penetrating and influencing at all levels which will positively affect our business development.
- Develop and implement account-specific tactics to facilitate accomplishment of goals.
- Achieve specific Distribution, Shelving, Pricing, and Promotion objectives for assigned strategic accounts.
- Develop consultative selling presentations to customize account and agency communications and maximize professional influence to our customers and service agencies.
- Keep current and proactively expand knowledge of computer applications as tools in the management of your responsibilities.
- Provide recommendations to management in the development and implementation of specific sales merchandising, promotion, distribution and pricing plans to maximize sales in a manner consistent with company policy.
- Continually analyze business trends and reports for assigned strategic accounts to correctly identify the important short and long-term opportunities.
- Swiftly communicate major competitive activity to sales and marketing management.
- Work closely with marketing on new product teams to provide appropriate input in development of new products, launch strategies, tactics and goals.
- Recommend strategic account specific product needs to appropriate business segment.
- Delivers accurate product forecasts and financial estimates for assigned strategic account.
- Work with Supply chain through Sales Operations to ensure inventory levels
- Utilize appropriate internal/external communication across all functional disciplines.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to both internal/external administrative follow-up.
- Understanding of Commerce Marketing (platform like Criteo or on-site advertising options) – just general familiarity, not in-depth
- PDP/Scorecards – Product Detail Page (keywords, images, video) and knowing the page can be assigned a score (like a grade)
- DTC – how a Retailer ships to their end Consumer, what options they have/what exists
- 1P / 3P / 3PL – First Party Merchant (we sell directly to Retailer), Third Party Merchant (a third party sells on the Retailer site), Third Party Logistics – not a 3P but rather an intermediary that ships on behalf of another company
- Understand product reviews, syndication and is familiar with Bazaarvoice
- Item Set-up & Data Synchronization – familiarity with 1 World Sync, GDSN, etc.
- Ability to analyze successful promotions by an account, consumer, sales and profit perspective
- Deep analytic understanding of third party data pos sources, and how to use maximize distribution increases
- Manage account base with focus on continuous profit improvement
- Maintain prudent expense management procedures in execution of duties.
- Use and maintain all company equipment in a prudent manner.
- Responsible for following established administrative processes and procedures.
Education and Experience
10 to 15 years major account experience preferably with a consumer products company.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business, sales or marketing.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and motivational skills.
- Partner with Digital to align & optimize on commerce marketing opportunities.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with Digital for item set-up, Retailer scorecards for product pages, online asset management & product reviews.
- Work with Finance on profit improvement and program investments
- A high degree of analytical sales skills and computer literacy.
- Accomplishes frequent overnight travel in course of duties.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Head of Sales
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More