Team Lead, Category Management and Insights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position: Team Lead, Category Management and Insights
Reports to: Head of Commercial Operations
Overview: The Category Management and Insights Leader will lead the development of team vision, strategies and goals for the Department. They will drive the development of unique and credible insights, leveraging data tools to drive successful execution of our business objectives. They will manage the development and activation of analytic capabilities such as, loyalty card, analytic and reporting solutions and executional tools that elevate our influence with customers and enable execution of objectives. This role is a balance of developing the strategy, coaching the organization and completing the category management and insights work that is required. The successful candidate will work with brand teams, customer strategic planning, key sales teams, the US and international teams and retailers to develop, lead, and communicate fact-based analysis and insights to help drive C&D and category topline sales objectives. This role has 1 direct report currently. This role will directly manage a team that supports all Category Management work across our key Customers, as well as lead and direct efforts for our Nielsen Sales support and additional resources supporting analytics.
Develop the strategic plan for Category Management, Shopper Insights and Analytics
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify the corporate priorities
- Uncover business insights and sales opportunities that will accelerate retail growth
- Develop deep understanding of category, shopper insight, competitive and retailer landscape to inform future marketing initiatives and sales planning
- Lead development, deployment and utilization of advanced analytic capabilities, including Nielsen, Customer Loyalty programs and other 3rd Party Sales tools
Drive Insights to action through personal action and by enabling the Category Management and Insights team
- Lead the thinking on assortment and planogram recommendations to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives
- Advanced utilization of Tools and Insights to create insights: Nielsen and customer POS, Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper insights, Assortment, and POG tools
- Monitor competitive activity and recommend solutions to meet/counter competitive threats to business
- Provides industry, consumer and customer trends to develop strategic action plans
- Effectively communicates category management insights within internal C&D organization
Enable Execution by leveraging data to close the sale with retailers
- Leverages industry, consumer and customer trends to secure buy in to strategic action plans
- Actively leads and participates in preparation of line reviews and re-occurring Customer Category reviews, regular monthly updates, JBP plans, and Top to Top meetings
- Serve as trusted advisors to our customers, broadening our level interaction with retailers, and expanding level of influence across categories and buyers
Provide coaching for direct reports and influence key stakeholders to deliver against strategic goals
- Provide ongoing coaching/feedback
- Identify training to enhance skill sets for direct reports and the broader organization
- Ability to leverage internal and external relationships to drive alignment of strategic initiatives (Customer and Brand) with Field and Internal Sales and Executive team
The Category & Shopper Insights Manager role will be evaluated on the following KPIs:
- Development and execution of strategic plan for category management, consumer insights and analytics
- Increased distribution share growth or share of shelf growth
- Successfully influencing internal planning via leveraging insights
- Leadership of the Category Management and Insights Team
The Ideal Candidate Possesses:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business or analytics related discipline
- 10+ years of CPG industry experience is required
- Experience in both external customer sales and internal sales roles
- Multiple Category management roles, including leading a Category team
- Demonstrated track record of results
- Nielsen data experience is required
- Advanced Analytical capabilities are required
Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership, presentation, and influencing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to influence internally and externally
- Excellent communication, and creative problem solving skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Decision Quality
- Technical & Analytic Skills
- Integrity and Trust
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More