Business Development Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for all facets of developing the C&D packaged goods business in Commercial & Professional markets
Role Location: This role will have up to sixty percent travel throughout the United States once regular travel resumes. This will including bi-monthly trips to Church & Dwight headquarters in Princeton, NJ. Candidates do not have to reside in New Jersey for consideration.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Achieve annual sales and margin forecasts
- Manage key account relationships and develop/execute account strategy
- Identify market needs and proposes new products
- Manage assigned Broker Network as indicated by the Business Manager
- Conduct contract negotiations with customers
- Develop and provide in person and virtual customer training sessions
- Create and track all customer promotions
- Manage customer pricing to ensure margin objectives are met
- Communicate with Laundry R&D personnel to expand technical knowledge as needed
- Coordinate business activities with Supply Chain, R&D, and Consumer Marketing internal partners
- Provide competitive intelligence to the C&P extended organization
- Maintain the C&P customer database through timely and accurate updates
- Coordinate all new product launch materials
- Coordinate the planning process for all trade show events
- Travel up to 60%
Education and Experience
- BS in Marketing or related field from an accredited academic institution.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the JanSan Industry
- Experience managing broker network preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess strong knowledge of the I&I market and have a significant network of contacts
- Strong sales skills in value-added selling and branded products
- Ability to balance sales and profitability
- Experience working with a standard Customer Relationship Management program
- Excellent selling skills in one-on-one, as well, as group settings
- Computer literate and working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and takes ownership of assigned projects.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Negotiating skills/deal structure development
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More