A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Global Procurement Team is looking for a driven and reliable Senior Buyer whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Ewing, NJ Global Headquarters, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for procuring chemicals/raw materials for Church & Dwight’s Fabric Care and Oral Care products in accordance with prescribed procurement policies and procedures. This person will lead or provide sourcing support and prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests, review quotations, and lead or support contracting execution.
- Guide identification and selection of suppliers to procure chemicals, meeting criteria such as assurance of supply, service, cost, quality, regulatory compliance and responsible sourcing
- Support materials used in the manufacturing of brands such as Arm & Hammer, OxiClean, Xtra, Orajel, AIM & Close-Up
- Manage and execute all steps of the strategic sourcing process including developing RFPs, negotiating with suppliers (including eAuction), conducting bid analysis, and making supplier recommendations
- Support and execute strategic initiatives within assigned categories to drive maximum cost savings and value creation for the organization
- Partner closely with key stakeholder teams to understand critical business needs and support development of sourcing strategies to deliver results meeting these objectives
- Support the development of specific category strategies for the assigned spend categories, including market research/benchmarks, milestones, savings targets, resource requirements, and implementation plans
- Interpret and communicate purchasing procedures to functions and provide sourcing support
- Write and distribute complex and technical bid invitations or requests for proposals; receive and analyze bids, quotes, and proposals. Award business and execute contracts
- Deliver assurance of supply in partnership with Operations and Quality
- Partner with Supplier, Plant Operations, Quality, and Supply Chain on Supplier Reliability initiatives
- Support routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance
- Collaborate with Corporate Marketing teams on product launches and transitions
- Negotiate payment term extensions in support of company’s cash flow initiatives
- Complete accurate and timely SAP master data updates
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (required), MBA (preferred)
- CPIM, CSCP or CPM certification
- 3-5 years Procurement and/or Supply Chain experience
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More