A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Buyer is responsible for procuring materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed procurement policies and procedures. This person will lead or provide sourcing support and prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests, review quotations, and lead or support contracting execution. Assigned categories can include: Indirect Goods and Services, Direct Chemicals, or Direct Packaging.
• Guide identification and selection of suppliers to procure goods and services, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date as well as place orders
• Identify requesting functions’ requirements and develop and refine specifications for goods and services
• Interpret and communicate Procurement procedures to stakeholders and lead sourcing efforts
• Write and distribute complex and technical bid invitations or requests for proposals; receive and analyze bids, quotes, and proposals, and award contracts
• Resolve Procurement problems between function and supplier
• Lead or support routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance
• Knowledge of Procurement practices and procedures
• Knowledge of various categories in goods and services
• Skilled in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience in Change Management
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 2+ years buying experience
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More