A Packaging Mechanic
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Maintains, times and repairs high speed packaging equipment while maximizing production requirements that meets/exceeds manufacturing specifications.
This is for Shift 992 reporting: Wednesday 7:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m., Friday & Saturday 7:00 p.m.- 7:30 a.m., and Sunday 7:00 p.m. - 3:30 a.m.
- Multi-skilled with strong mechanical aptitude and abilities and a solid electrical background. Must have a basic proficiency in welding and machining (lathe, mill, drill press, band saw).
- Must be able to read mechanical and electrical blueprints.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, times and makes all repairs to packaging department equipment – Pack lines, palletizer, stretch wrappers, and all raw materials conveying equipment – with minimal downtime.
- Preventive maintenance on all packaging equipment.
- Fabricates stock parts for the packaging equipment – Hi-speed rails, bushings, etc.
- Repairs/rebuilds motors, brakes, pumps etc. when necessary.
- Tracks electrical problems on all equipment including the PLC’s.
- Performs machine change over’s and sets-up all packaging lines to ensure vertical startups for increased production
- Assist in meeting high quality standards and production quotas in the Packaging Department.
- Subject to overtime as needed to meet production demands
- Work any shift during the week as well as weekends
- Must be self starting/can work without direction.
- Use safe operating procedures and judgment including Lock Out Tag Procedures specified by Old Fort Facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Use safe operating procedures and judgment
- Follow all facility rules to maintain quality and integrity of both raw materials and finished products
- Lift 50 pounds consistently
- Familiar with the plant food safety program and basic HACCP principles
Education and Experience
Minimum of a High School Diploma / GED is required
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More