Freight Pay Supervisor
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Freight Payment Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of payment with C&D transportation partners. This includes a detailed understanding of systems used (TMS/SAP) and various shipping modes (FTL, LTL, Parcel, Ocean, Rail, etc.), development and review of KPI’s, coordination and collaboration with internal and external partners and cost savings identification and implementation.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities: )
- Single point of accountability for the freight payment process for C&D Canada and the US business
- Document, manage and audit the freight payment process ensuring transportation companies are paid per contractual agreements and costs are recorded per GAAP
- Act as a liaison with manufacturing plants, Corporate Accounts Payable and our external partners to ensure accurate and timely payments
- Train carrier contacts on TMS, 210 EDI, and other settlement expectations
- Leverage TMS system settlement rules and reporting to further automate processes
- Monitor Carrier partner statements and internal system accruals ensuring timely payment and correct expense reporting
- Lead and develop the skills and knowledge of the Freight Payment team including staffing, training, appraising performance and career development
- Manage the end to end freight claims process
- Monitor and report results based Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) showing the effectiveness and results of the team
- Deliver specific measurable cost savings targets, results and service improvements through existing tools, process improvements, and corrective action
- Process carrier invoices and resolve exceptions in the TMS system.
Education and Experience
- BA or BS in Supply Chain, Accounting or another related discipline.
- 3- years of experience in Logistics, Transportation or Accounts Payable
- Strong skills in problem-solving, documentation, research and resolution, data analysis, and multi-tasking;
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Proven track record for developing/achieving consistent, positive results
- Experience as a manager demonstrating the ability to lead and develop people
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Excel and Word required
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- End to end systems knowledge enabling data driven decision making
- Prior SAP and TMS experience preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More