Process Engineer - Vancouver
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Process Engineer at our Vancouver, WA plant!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP), company policies, safety practices, quality standards, and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Become the subject matter expert (SME) and technical resource for vitamin & supplement manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, technology, capacity, and efficiency.
- Perform and document all work in a systematic manner to sustain improvements.
- Use Six Sigma methods to make breakthrough improvements to address complex issues.
- Manage capital projects to design, build, and improve manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Execute all project stages from proposal, planning, justification, build, installation, qualification, and final documentation and release.
- Prepare and present regular status updates to project stakeholders.
- Follow Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) procedures to ensure robust & reliable equipment design.
- Create detailed design specifications, functional requirements, and performance standards.
- Source equipment, tools, and resources needed to complete tasks and projects.
- Identify, track, and analyze key performance indicators (KPI) for equipment and processes.
- Implement systems for supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) where possible.
- Generate and update procedures for startup, operation, shut-down, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Document work instructions, Standard Work, and all other process related documentation necessary to guarantee safe and efficient operation of equipment and systems.
- Lead rigorous troubleshooting activities using tools such as 5-Why, Cause & Effect (C&E), and FMEA for equipment and processes.
- Use data gathered from DFSS, FMEA, and SCADA to implement robust Preventive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance programs to maximize Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Identify spare parts, sub-assemblies, and tools needed to minimize downtime.
- Assist in the design and layout of production facilities, manufacturing processes, and all necessary support equipment.
- Improve material flow and process steps to minimize waste and non-value add (NVA).
- Mentor and coach other engineers and technical team members.
- Complete other duties and tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or related technical field
- 5 years of experience in engineering or comparable technical field
- 5 years of experience managing technical capital projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience with computer software including MS Office Suite and SAP
- Extensive project or program management experience required; PMP preferred
- Proficiency in CAD and solid modeling; AutoCAD & SolidWorks preferred
- Knowledge of CGMPs in CFR 21 Part 111
- Job pertinent SOPs and complete annual refresher training
- Annual corporate compliance, code of conduct, and harassment training
- Internal software and applications needed to perform job duties
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire as required.
- Working environment includes both office and industrial settings. This role may require standing and walking for up to (8) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More