Continuous Improvement Engineer - Vancouver
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Engineer at our Vancouver, WA plant!
Drive continuous improvement of safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency using Lean tools, Six Sigma method, and other engineering approaches.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP), company policies, safety practices, quality standards, and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Document all work in a systematic manner to ensure sustainment of improvements.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) and technical resource within assigned area.
- Complete job safety analyses (JSA) to identify and control equipment & process hazards.
- Plan and lead continuous improvement efforts and projects within assigned area.
- Use Lean & Six Sigma methods to eliminate waste and improve efficiency.
- Improve and sustain 5S standards for all areas of responsibility.
- Implement Poka-Yoke (mistake-proofing) and Visual Controls.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis through 5-Whys, Cause & Effect (C&E), and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for equipment and systems.
- Participate in team efforts to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Minimize equipment downtime through development of planned and predictive maintenance.
- Identify, track, and analyze key performance indicators (KPI) for equipment and processes.
- Perform Measurement System Analyses (MSA), Capability Analyses, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Work closely with all functional groups to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency goals are met.
- Manage capital projects to design, build, and improve manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Document Standard Work, work instructions, flow-charts, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Generate and update procedures for startup, operation, shut-down, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or related technical field
- 3 years of experience as a manufacturing or process engineer
- 3 years of experience working in a Lean & Continuous Improvement environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High energy, self-starter with the ability to influence others
- Leadership and project management experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience with computer software including MS Office Suite, SAP, & MINITAB
- Proficiency in CAD and solid modeling; AutoCAD & SolidWorks preferred
- Capable of reading detailed blueprints, schematics, and P&IDs
- Familiar with PLCs and machine control logic
- Six Sigma green or black belt training
- Job pertinent SOPs and complete annual refresher training
- Annual corporate compliance, code of conduct, and harassment training
- Internal software and applications needed to perform job duties
- CFR 21 Part 111 (Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packaging, Labeling, or Holding Operations for Dietary Supplements)
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire as required.
- Working environment includes both office and industrial settings. This role may require standing and walking for up to (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More