Supv Transportation Operations
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Transportation Operations Supervisor will support the Transportation Department by managing the transportation planners and being the lead on the utilization of our Transportation Management System for executing our $120MM transportation spend. This role is the primary lead on managing the planners, dedicated fleets, inbound program, compliance fines and the relationships with both Customer Logistics and all C&D shipping locations.
- Manage 6 Transportation Planners/Analysts responsible for all planning and operational transportation functions for our North American outbound and inbound locations.
- Primary liaison with Customer Logistics and distribution centers/plants to identify and correct transportation service issues
- Transportation leader for compliance fines – responsible for identifying trends and reducing fines through corrective action
- Support the Walmart Collect Transportation Process by identifying and implementing change controls to drive performance improvements
- Responsible for management and process ownership of IBF Program
- Identifying new vendors to switch to collect
- Implement spend controls
- Liaison with Procurement for the project and variance identification
- Participate in leading edge transportation collaboration and benchmarking activities with other shippers, carriers, or vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree, a major in Supply Chain or Transportation is preferred
- MBA preferred
- 6-8 years experience in the transportation industry, demonstrating roles of increasing responsibility
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of SAP, BluJay Solutions Transportation Management and GDW is preferred; transportation systems experience required.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More