Global Quality Control Lab Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Global Quality Control Lab Manager is responsible for directing the Laboratory Practices at all Global C&D Quality Control Laboratories, 14 US and 2 International. The position will also oversee the 35 contract laboratories supporting the QC lab testing. The 16-manufacturing plant QC Lab Supervisors will report dotted line into this position. The position will develop QC Lab instrument standards, set up lab service contracts, and drive lab efficiency projects. The position also ensures current testing practices meet Regulatory Requirements in all countries.
- Develop QC Lab best practices across Global C&D facilities, 14 US and 2 International, to meet Regulatory Compliance for the products produced at the site and distributed out of the site.
- Select instruments across labs working with Procurement to obtain and manage Global Supply and Service Agreements for capital expenditures.
- Approve QC Lab Capital Requests to ensure adequate use of resources.
- Develop lab resource plan to maximize QC lab test resources across all facilities reducing outside testing where appropriate.
- Oversee test method development activities working with Analytical for new QC lab test methods.
- Direct QC plant teams on test method development activities to reduce outside testing, improving conversion cost.
- Evaluate technologies that could increase cost savings, expand capabilities and improve testing accuracies as well as direct the development and validation of new test methods.
- Drive efficient manufacturing QC test sample processing to improve sample turn-around time.
- Interact with R&D Development teams, Analytical, Operations, Regulatory and International teams to support QC lab functions and develop Right Size Testing for products.
- Key contact for USP and International Pharmacopeia requirements and interactions.
- Four (4) year degree in Biology or Chemistry and ten (10+) years experience supervising a laboratory and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job.
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practices for ensuring test method accuracy and precision.
- Experience working in a Regulated manufacturing lab environment.
- ISO 17025 experience a plus
- Experience with LIMS Systems
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More