Associate Manager, Insights & Innovation (open to remote candidates)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
Church & Dwight is looking for a passionate and talented Associate Manager, Insights & Innovation to join our newly established Consumer Advocacy and Insights function. The function is responsible for using consumer intel and beauty trends to inform strategic plans and leverage consumer insights to deliver exceptional products and communications. This role owns the development and delivery of trend innovation products by working within the intersection of Global New Products Innovation, the Global Brand Teams and Sales. The ideal candidate can synthesize and consolidate input from numerous sources to drive actionable product innovation.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Drives the commercialization process from idea to implementation to ensure trend innovation (packaging, beauty and seasonal sets, retailer exclusives) meet consumers’ needs and align with brand strategies.
- Key commercialization activities include but are not limited to: item conceptualization, opportunity assessment, consumer research, technical/manufacturing validation, item set-up, sales selling materials
- Works with cross-functional departments (i.e. R&D, Creative Services, Consumer Research, Brand Marketing, Sales) to create structure, resolve challenges and drive alignment to ensure key deadlines are met throughout the development process.
- Establishes relationships, as necessary, with contract manufacturers and work as one team to develop trend innovation.
- Ensures brand sales and profit goals are met with trend innovation.
- Collects, analyzes and synthesizes consumer learning to tell a cohesive and actionable story.
- Leverages a mix of secondary and primary research to always keep pulse on consumer desires. Leads development of social-based and email questionnaires for primary research and works with Church & Dwight market research department on secondary research.
Education And Experience
- BA/BS Required; MBA strongly preferred
- 2-4 years in Marketing/NPD (CPG, OTC, Cosmetics)
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated success in leveraging consumer insights and syndicated data to drive business results
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work autonomously
- “Out of the box” and “disruptor” mindset combined with appreciation and respect for the rich legacy at Church and Dwight
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Skills and Competencies
- Organized with strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills with an ability to effectively influence the achievement of business objectives in a matrix organization without direct authority
- Apply rigor in critical thinking and quantitative/qualitative analysis to draw out trends, issues, opportunities (finds the true meaning in information)
- Adept and able to balance traditional marketing research disciplines and scrappy, innovative approaches to “get the information”
- Invites productive discussions and collaboration with Brand, Global New Products and Sales teams
- Has a bias for action and is orientated towards achieving results
- Has a passion and genuine interest in beauty!
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More