Materials & Planning Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Materials & Planning Manager is located at Church & Dwight’s manufacturing plant in the Kansas City, Missouri area and is responsible for managing and leading the Materials Management function at the plant and distribution center in accordance with the policies and practices of Church & Dwight Co., Inc. This position oversees the areas of Production Planning, Materials purchasing & Inventory.
- Responsible for plant scheduling and execution of FG inventory strategy that maximizes company investment while maintaining high levels of service to trade
- Insures transportation requirements are executed within division of tonnage while maintaining company and plant service targets. This would include freight-in for raw materials & Finished goods and outbound freight requirements.
- Continuously assess raw material yields and provide support to plant process improvement activities related to waste, scrap and usages.
- Manage the budget for Material purchases and Security.
- Manage new product introduction timelines, system accuracy and interfaces with corporate key contacts. Facilitates with all departments internal to plant to insure products are produced on time and correct the first time.
- Works in conjunction with Quality and Manufacturing to provide the most efficient approach to integration of new items while maintaining high packaging conversions.
- Develops cost savings programs focusing on reducing complexity in manufacturing and distribution.
- Provides leadership in team effectiveness by sharing information and encouraging the participation of all team members, building commitment to common goals and motivating team members.
- Build a team climate by creating an environment that is focused on its people and their contributions.
- Responsible for distribution activities with other distribution sites to assure a steady, seamless flow of product to the customer.
- Provides proper leadership and training for direct reports including individual development plans in technical, supervisory and managerial areas.
- Manage a staff of 5 non-exempt professionals in the areas of planning, inventory control & transportation. Through a contractor, will have direct responsibility for security.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Ability to provide vision and leadership. Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees.
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Arts or Science in related field.
- 5 - 10 years of broad-based Distribution or Materials mgmt experience.
- Plant level experience a must.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More