Reliability Engineer - Packaging
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will provide technical support focused on improving the reliability of the packaging operations within the plant through the implementation of continuous improvement methodologies. A secondary focus will be assisting the Packaging Engineer with capital projects, as well as leading smaller capital projects under the guidance of the packaging engineer.
- Design and modify new products and equipment, support existing designs, improve production techniques, equipment and develop test procedures.
- Support the efficient and effective operations of the packaging lines by improving the reliability of the packaging equipment.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as 5S, key TPS elements, TPM, etc., to recommend innovative approaches to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize root cause analysis techniques to solve issues in a permanent, sustainable way.
- Utilize failure mode and effects analysis to identify potential issues and set in place activities to mitigate the identified risks.
- Resolve packaging problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies and concepts.
- Lead cross-functional teams, addressing technical challenges to achieve critical objectives.
- Provide information and engineering support for operations and maintenance departments as needed.
- Promote active leadership in the implementation of plant wide lean manufacturing efforts, integrating lean manufacturing disciplines in the engineering department.
- Assist the Packaging Engineer in the execution of Capital Projects ensuring that they meet project commitments with regards to cost, schedule and performance.
- Stay abreast of packaging equipment technology developments and communicate relevant developments to staff.
- Evaluate opportunities and recommend implementation where appropriate.
- Create and update standard work to move learnings and tribal knowledge into systems that promote training and sustainment.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization. Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- In-depth technical knowledge of liquid filling, labeling and packaging processes along with chemical liquid batching processes.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including 5S, TPS, TPM, visual management, etc. with the ability to apply those principles in daily work.
- Ability to apply RCA (fishbone, 5-why, quick kaizen, etc.) and FMEA methodologies to address failures both proactively (before they occur) and reactively (after they occur).
- Ability to lead kaizen teams in improvement and sustainment efforts.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP).
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module, AutoCAD and Precision Maintenance skills a plus. Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Solid understanding of OEE, OTIF, SMED improvement programs.
- Strong knowledge of production operations, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- Maintenance and reliability experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- CPG experience preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More