A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for designing and executing experiments to characterize pathogens and beneficial microbes using microbiological and molecular biology techniques. Developing and optimizing molecular microbiology and bacterial genomics protocols for use by colleagues in the research program. Analyze and interpret data and make recommendations to support existing products or develop new products. Communicate results through progress reports, customer reports, abstracts and manuscripts. Present results at customer meetings and scientific conferences.
- Performs optimization and validation of various molecular techniques.
- Develops new protocols in molecular microbiology and bacterial genomics for colleagues.
- Proficient at advanced operation and troubleshooting of lab equipment and genome analysis software, specifically the nucleic acid sequencers - Oxford nanopore MinION and Illumina iSeq.
- Teaches colleagues to independently conduct assays and provides initial analysis.
- Plans experiments and processes samples by means of the most effectual methods.
- Evaluates colleague’s data for incorporation into written reports, patents and publications
- Interprets data and makes recommendations for support of existing products or product development.
- Write progress reports, patents and manuscripts.
- Presents research results at scientific conferences
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of regulated products. Assist in maintaining laboratory compliance including SOP development and equipment maintenance.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude.
MS degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field or a BS degree with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More