Shipping Clerk, Day Shift - Ridgefield
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shipping Clerk at our Ridgefield, WA facility. Our Shipping Clerks perform a variety of routine shipping and receiving tasks including comparing identifying information on incoming or outgoing shipments with purchase orders, invoices, or other documents.
This position is scheduled to work Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
The base pay rate for this position is $15.00.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Completing and verifying outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment.
- Completing shipments through picking cased product and or palletized cases for customer orders via Swisslog Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Following established procedures to report discrepancies.
- Locating and pulling product and materials to be shipped and verifying shipping documentation accuracy.
- Ensuring oldest product is pulled first by following First In First Out (FIFO) guidelines.
- Affixing shipping labels on packed cartons or otherwise identifying shipping information on cartons (UPC’s, EDI’s, master case labels, etc.).
- Placing identifying information or shipping instructions on crates or containers.
- Posting weights when needed.
- Routing items to proper shipment location (UPS shipment to UPS desk, pallets to staging area, etc.)
- Examining outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Notifying supervisor to check outgoing shipments for accuracy.
- Maintaining inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Safely operating forklift, pallet jack, or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from storage or work area.
- Ensuring work area is kept clean and organized.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma or GED plus one (1) year work experience and/or an equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Forklift experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Knowledge of powered industrial equipment operation and ability to obtain applicable certification.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards in a fast paced warehouse environment, which includes 525+ items, 25+ co-workers, and related material handling equipment (MHE).
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire when applicable; perform moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift; lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds; and perform work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More