A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Do you have a passion for category management? Are you an experienced Category/Trader Marketeer within a global organisation? Do you have a background in FMCG, working with the major multiple retailers in the UK?
If the answer is yes - then look no further as Church & Dwight UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager based at our office in Euston, London.
The Category Manager is responsible for all aspects of Category Development within our UK customer base for an allocated category, including Promotional Review and Analysis & Shopper Insights. The role will also oversee the development of channel and retailer plans across brands and retailers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day to day management of the Nielsen database
- Continuous/ad hoc analysis using Nielsen sources
- Identifying and developing category/shopper data insights and drivers
- Working with sales team to formulate customer strategies/tactics & supporting trade plans
- Working with sales & marketing teams to ensure customer plans are aligned with brand/category/retailer strategies
- Building customer presentations & proposals for range reviews including product, merchandising/space recommendations and supporting rationale
- Formulating and executing category management plans for UK retailers
- Working with the Shopper Marketing Manager to ensure best in class execution & review
- Ensuring customer activity plan activation in conjunction with sales team & shopper marketing manager
- Pre/Post – evaluation of promotional activity to justify ROI & effectiveness, and share learnings back with commercial teams to help shape future plans.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Category/Trade Marketeer with a passion for category management from a branded FMCG organisation. They will:
- Have good knowledge and experience developing Category Management and Shopper Insight
- Have good knowledge of the UK retail landscape and a high level of experience working with UK major multiples
- Have a proven track record of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be structured and well organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Have the ability to deliver activity with accuracy and pace.
- Be positive and ’can do’ attitude
- Be highly numerate & analytical, used to/comfortable working with data of high granularity
- Have solid experience using Nielsen and Kantar data
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel – used to working with spreadsheets.
- Have strong Microsoft Power Point presentation skills
In return we offer a competitive package, including 24 days annual leave, a pension matched up to 9%, discretionary annual bonus and membership of a health cash plan.
This is a great opportunity to work with recognisable global brands and shape their future.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.co.uk/
When applying for a role and sending your cv, you understand that the Company will hold your personal data in relation to your prospective employment and will process that data for legitimate business reasons within the requirements of UK data protection laws currently in effect and as they become applicable, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) and any successor legislation. Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More